Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: New to us '14 RT AC issue

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2019, 11:18 PM
RthrDent
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile New to us '14 RT AC issue

Hello everyone. My wife and I just bought a 2014 GC RT and although we made sure to check that everything worked, we both neglected to check the AC. DOH! Well it's not working. I don't hear the compressor clutch engaging at all. I did a little research and learned about the blend door issue but that doesn't seem to be the issue here since the temp is the same at all vent locations. Heat does work at all locations. I'm a decent wrench and know about low pressure switches, clutch relays etc but I'm checking with you guys since i'm new to this gen Caravan. Before I assume the clutch lock out is engaged due to low refrigerant and a leak, are there any known issues with the AC not engaging on this year? I appreciate any input. It's the automatic HVAC system with rear air and 107K. Oh, one more thing. Is there a self-diagnostic for the HVAC panel that anyone knows of? Thanks.

Old 03-25-2019, 07:58 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Can't you take it back to the selling dealership and have them fix it? If the compressor does not coming on at all, I would suspect it is low on refrigerant.

Old 03-25-2019, 09:36 AM
primem
Record Breaker
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

leaks at the rear thermal expansion valve are common. follow the underbody ac lines...look up behind the r/r tire and you will probably see dye.

Old 03-26-2019, 09:36 AM
RthrDent
Amateur

We bought while on vacation out of state or I would.

Old 03-26-2019, 09:36 AM
RthrDent
Amateur

Leak at the rear ex valve. Perfect. This is exactly the info I was looking for. Thanks!

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: New to us '14 RT AC issue