3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

SP Performance Rotors & Pads

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2019, 02:04 PM
Nightshade15
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SP Performance Rotors & Pads

So I ran into another Ram owner sporting some cool looking rotors on their truck and a sticker that read "SP Performance Rotors" so i googled them and looked into what I saw on his truck. I found them as Diamond Slotted Rotors which are basically a slotted rotor with a diamond shaped dimple in place of drill holes. They had awesome reviews from what I saw sp so I decided to pull the trigger. They've been a US company that actually does all machining and plating in house for 25 years apparently.

I am very impressed. I've had DBA and Stoptech in the past and these perform just as well, but the coating they provide actually holds up to the New England weather unlike many Stoptech sets I have had in the past.

Take a look if you are in the market for rotors and pads. You definitely won't regret it.

Last edited by jkeaton; 06-19-2019 at 07:37 AM. Reason: Removed spam link
Old 06-17-2019, 06:16 PM
fj5gtx
Record Breaker
Received 101 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Nightshade15
..... They've been a US company that actually does all machining and plating in house for 25 years apparently.
I was pretty interested, but then I noticed this quote...
"Using the highest-grade rotor blanks on the market"

...which makes me wonder if they're just machining profiles and adding coatings. I noticed when rotor manufacturing switched to china, they were not making the initial rotors thick enough so the impurities would be machined out during the manufacturing process. Pretty much made those rotors impossible to machine again to get another new set of pad life on them. Its such a widespread problem, that there is literally no one in my area that even has a brake lathe and offers that service anymore.

I'd love to find a US company actually casting/forging rotors, but I suspect they are just buying china made rotors and applying some machining for the slots and coating them. Seems like steep upgrade for some machining and coating...

Have you talked to them about the source of their blanks?

Thanks!

Old 06-18-2019, 07:26 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

I think he is a spammer.

Quick Reply: SP Performance Rotors & Pads