Dodge Neon The sport compact car that took the world by storm. the Dodge Neon. Depending on the trim level you get, this sporty ride has something to offer everyone.

Replacement Part Brands?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2019, 05:06 AM
Ginkawa
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Replacement Part Brands?

So working on getting this car situated properly, and apparently the Inner Tie Rods have enough play to be a concern with the Alignment.

looking up part options, and like some other parts I've researched, I am seeing a range of prices and brands that I am having a hard time making heads or tails of.

Example of what I am referring to in particular, Tie Rods.

From Amazon,
"PartsW", Inner Tie Rods, Outer Tie Rod End, Rack and pinion boot set, $33. (Tie Rod Ends depicted in pictures as sealed?)

"Detroit Axle" same set as previous, $32 or $38. (tie rod ends depicted with grease nipple)

from AutoZone:
1 option for Inner Tie Rod, $33 each. (Duralast)
3 options for Tie Rod Ends, $21.50, $27, $43 each. (Valucraft, Duralast, TRW accordingly)

From Advance:
loads of options.
Driveworks:
Tie Rod End: $19.50
Inner Tie Rod: $21
MOOG:
End: $44.50
Inner Tie Rod: $54
TRW:
End: $55
Inner Rod: $91

Assorted Ends: $12, $65, $60, $60 (Delphi, "Rare Parts", Lemfoerder, Mopar)

ORileys:
MasterPro:
Inner Rod: $23
End: $21

MOOG's at slightly worse price than Advance.

CARID:
ProForged:
Inner Rod: $47
End: $27

TRW
Rod: $72.50
End: $48

how do you judge what parts to get? wheres the line between a good deal, and so cheap that you can assume its trash? or more expensive because people assume more expensive means its better?

I'm not doing anything crazy or high performance, and its still an older car, and budget is a concern. ... but I don't want to have it crap out in a year because I was too cheap either.

would you figure the $20/piece parts being baseline with the higher cost stuff being quality upgrades(and the super cheap ones being the downgrades) or the $40-50/piece ones being baseline with the cheaper ones being downgrades, and the WAY expensive ones being upgrades? (and the super cheap being complete garbage)

Old 08-07-2019, 02:49 AM
Ginkawa
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

as an update, I ended up going with the MOOG parts, through Amazon, $32/ea for the Inner Rods, $23/ea for the outer rod ends. was slow shipping though. definitely a much more sturdy part than what was on there.

Quick Reply: Replacement Part Brands?