Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

1989 b350 - gauge cluster issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2019, 11:33 AM
yagey
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1989 b350 - gauge cluster issue

Not finding much in the manual, hope someone can suggest:

the temp garage, fuel gauge and the footbrake warning lamp all are not working. I think the backlight also.

Ive checked the fuses in the glove box, not sure where to look next

thanks in advance

Old 07-15-2019, 08:44 PM
SteveR
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Be careful when removing the instrument cluster, you need to remove the knee panel below the steering column to disconnect a little cable between the shifter linkage on the column and the gear shift indicator. If you pull the instrument cluster with this attached the little arrow will likely break off when the spring retracts the cable. Then you have to crazy glue the arrow back on...
I don't recall how the lighting works back there, our cluster has been rebuilt twice so they probably changed the bulbs each time.

Old 07-16-2019, 05:01 PM
yagey
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default twas a fuse

the manual was helpful in determing which fuse it should be (fuse 5). Never seen a fuse box with just 10 fuses before!

I thought by testing the fuses with a continuity tester, I could tell if a fuse was bad, however my meter was showing the fuse was OK, but when I removed it, it fell apart. Replacing it with a new Glass fuse has fixed the problem

thanks for note about removing cluster.

Quick Reply: 1989 b350 - gauge cluster issue