Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[4th Gen : 01-07]: Dodge Caravan 2005 Blower Motor Issues

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2019, 01:55 PM
stpete
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Dodge Caravan 2005 Blower Motor Issues

The fan in the front doesn't turn on.

In the past, the fan would turn byitself after driving for a while, but now it doesn't happen anymore.

The back fan/AC is blowing just fine.

Fuse seems alright, also, I tried replacing the blower motor resistor but it didn't help.

Any ideas on how to fix that?

Old 07-16-2019, 07:35 AM
GumbyRT
Captain
Received 61 Likes on 58 Posts

Most likely the blower motor is bad and needs to be replaced, but you’ll want to verify it’s not a wiring or control module issue first.

Unplug the blower motor. Inspect the terminals for signs of overheating such as a bluish color or melted plastic on the connector. If that’s ok then use a test light in place of the blower. Turn the key on and cycle through the fan speed settings - the light should get brighter and dimmer relative to the selected speeds. If that checks out, replace the blower.

I know you said you already replaced the resistor, but it’s recommended to replace them anytime the blower is replaced. If it’s less than a year old though it’s probably ok.

The following users liked this post:
stpete (07-16-2019)
Old 07-16-2019, 10:59 AM
stpete
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will try. Thank you GumbyRT!

Quick Reply: [4th Gen : 01-07]: Dodge Caravan 2005 Blower Motor Issues