3rd Gen Durango 2011+ models

2012 Citadel - Hi Beams stay on while driving, and even after the engine is cut.

Old 07-21-2019, 04:16 PM
fmellero
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb 2012 Citadel - Hi Beams stay on while driving, and even after the engine is cut.

2012 Dodge Durango Citadel - 155k miles.

Just noticed my hi beams coming on at odd times. I opened the driver side door to get something out of the console, closed/locked the door and walked to the front of the truck and noticed the hi beams were on. They stay on for 60-65 seconds and shut off. I repro'd the same steps, and it happened again, I've then seen them come back on inexplicably a few mins later and shut off after 60-65 seconds.

I popped the hood to look around. After a min the hi beams went off, but as soon as I closed the hood, they came back on. Likewise, I had the driver side door open - after a min the hi beams go off, but as soon as I close the driver's door they came back on.

I've messed with the Lights Switch - going from Auto, Off, etc. - a few dozen times. I turned off Auto-Hi Beams and manually moved the control level back and forth a few dozen times, but I cannot get the hi-beams to disengage. Once I start the engine, they just stay on.

The regular head lamps work as expected. Not sure about the fog lamps, as they won't engage as long as the hi beams are ON.

Anyone have ideas?

Last edited by fmellero; 07-21-2019 at 05:37 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2012 Citadel - Hi Beams stay on while driving, and even after the engine is cut.