Dodge Ram Van The full size Dodge Ram Van that showed that we can go and do as we please. Discuss the Dodge Ram Van here today.

Transmission coolant Line

Search this Thread

Old Today, 01:15 PM
Markin
Amateur
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Transmission coolant Line

Hello guys. Writing from Spain and I need some help please (1994 B250 5.2 Van). Just around a month ago I started to have transmission slipping problems. It broke down on me on holiday, so I had to stop and order a tow truck etc. as it was really undriveable. After a long wait the van has finally been delivered home and is in the shop. It turns out there is a serious leak in one of the pipes that runs from the transmission to the cooler, and in the mechanics words “The leak is that bad that we filled it, drove 2Km, and it had emptied”. The mechanic sent me a photo of the transmission coolant line that is leaking and it seems to be the inlet line.

When I filter by my vehicle in Rockauto, they only have in stock the outlet line for a 5.2l 1994, and MOPAR sites show the part number for the inlet line as discontinued:-

I have found an inlet line online from SUNSONG (part number 5081200), that from the photo looks the same, but states it is only for the 5.9l when mine is the 5.2l. Seems strange as in the MOPART technical diagramit references one part number for both 5.2 or 5.9l engines.

1. Do you guys think this SUNSONG part would work on mine? If so, it seems to be available on Rockauto although not if I filter for my vehicle.
  2. Any other suggestions? To complicate matters I need to buy online from somewhere who will ship to Europe

Thanks

Last edited by Markin; Today at 01:18 PM.
Old Today, 01:42 PM
jeffersonracing
Professional
Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

I had a hydraulic repair shop fix my hose. Something else to consider.

Old Today, 01:55 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,382 Likes on 3,122 Posts

There is no difference externally between the 5.9, and the 5.2. If mopar uses the same part for both engines, any other manufacturer should work as well. Or, if the rest of the line is in decent shape, cut out the bad section, flare the ends, then just use some appropriate sized trans hose and some clamps. End of problem. Another option would be, if bulk line is available in your area, get an appropriate length, and simply replace it. The quick connect on the radiator end is likely going to be problematic though, I think the trans end is just a flare nut.

Quick Reply: Transmission coolant Line