South West AZ, TX, NM, OK

North Dallas Service Issue - Prepaid oil changes - heads up!

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2012, 06:33 PM
freq
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default North Dallas Service Issue - Prepaid oil changes - heads up!

Take this as a local public service announcement!

I bought my truck about a year ago and was able to negotiate to have the prepaid oil change service thrown in. It's been great! I chose from the very beginning to go synthetic in my truck and have paid the difference which always comes out to $30 bucks which really isn't bad!

But in the few times that I've been to Huffines Plano for service for anything other than oil changes, I've always been disappointed. I've had my truck in there 3 times for an issue with unresponsive steering wheel radio controls and it hasn't been fixed once.

This last time I wanted to get my oil changed, I decided to try out Huffines Lewisville. It's about 15 minutes further (Plano is only 5 minutes away) but if I was going to have the steering wheel fixed, better to figure out how they are on a simple oil change.

The oil change was impressively quick - 20 mins or so with tons of other cars there for service so I was very happy with that. My service advisor came to tell me the my car was done and told me the grand total - 70 bucks! I couldn't believe I had just driven further to pay more than twice what I normally do! I asked why there was such a difference and he didn't have any explanation so I informed him how much further it was to drive for the same service and just paid up.

I keep all of my oil change invoices in my center console and pulled them out when I got out to my truck. Sure enough, $30 for all of them. So I went back inside to speak with the cashier who got the Service Advisor Manager. After some number crunching, it was apparent that they did over charge me by 23 dollars and he would speak to the service advisor.

Not sure how they are with warranty issues, but this first visit wasn't the best.

So the math didn't quite add up - why does one dealership charge me $30, and the other charge $45 for the same service? The manager informed me that they charge different for oil - the Plano store was at $7/qt, and the Lewisville store was a $9/qt. With 7 1/2 quarts, that made up the $15 difference.

So, word to the wise - If you're as lucky as we are in North Dallas to have several Dodge options, call ahead on your oil changes to find out who is charging what on oil.

Quick Reply: North Dallas Service Issue - Prepaid oil changes - heads up!