Notices
Vendor Group And Special Buys Vendors and Advertisers will post special group buys for our members here!! Check it out.

Special Buy On Throttle Bodies From THE FASTMAN!

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2004, 02:50 PM
billyd12
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Special Buy On Throttle Bodies From THE FASTMAN!

This sounds like a great idea to me, i'm gonna purchase soon...
but what about an intake manifold? anywho.. off of the perfomance subject.. does anyone know if you have a Reese Hitch Installed already w/ a stock rear bumper ... is it possible to replace the stock bumper w/ a 8 or 10 inch drop bumper.... is that going to not let me use the reciever on the Reese Hitch???? that would SUCK.

Old 04-30-2004, 11:33 PM
fjteal

amanda just sent you all my info I'm in for one PLEEEEEASE...lol

Old 04-30-2004, 11:40 PM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just relplied... THANK YOU!

~Amanda

Old 05-01-2004, 11:35 AM
ovek
Rookie

just got my fastman TB in the mail yesterday! it looks awesome! gonna put it on today!

Old 05-05-2004, 10:39 PM
ovek
Rookie

got the TB on before the trip to orlando, throttle responds quicker, i can feel alot more mid and top range power but think it may have lost some low range power.. acts like my computer is not learning the new TB yet and setting it too lean.. also seems like gas mileage is slightly lower, probably due to lean and i need to get it reset.. does anyone know how?

all and all i love the new TB and fastman gave perfect instructions and even included new stainless allen bolts for mounting it and a new gasket as well as a new s bolt which i didnt need for my specific model and sent back to him with the core.. took about a half hour to change with basic tools. id recommend it to anyone that doesnt have it

Old 05-05-2004, 10:42 PM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator

The computer will learn the new TB, that's why it's running lean, the same thing happened with the one I put on the blue 4x4. I believe it said in his instructions that it's 400 miles or so.

I find it odd you think you lost low end, it improved the 4x4 ten fold on low end power... I hope you change your mind.

I'm SO SO SO SO SO glad you like it and recommend it... it's a FABULOUS product.

~Amanda

Old 05-05-2004, 10:53 PM
ovek
Rookie

he actually says 40 miles in his instrictions. my idle is also a little higher and goes up and down a little.. i would think that is the learning thing.. ive put over 500 miles on it.. i think the computer in my truck must be stupid or just a little slow lol. im not gonna worry about it until i get new headers and CAI

hmm just remembered about the EGR.. wonder if the gasket is blocking it, i didnt pay attention to that during install. oops

the TB that was on the truck already said on it HOLLEY. do they come stock with holley TB? the one i got from fastman did not say holley but looked identical ecept for his machining and new gates etc.

Old 05-05-2004, 10:59 PM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator

Hahaha! I must be blind and adding zeros... LOL! The EGR gasket shouldn't bother it since that goes to the intake manifold.

Yep, the stock TB's are made by Holley.

~Amanda

Old 05-06-2004, 01:09 PM
Mikeg1005
Professional

Ok, this deal sounds good, I have a 98' Ram 1500 5.9L, but let me get a few things straight. I pay whatever it is 220 dollars + S/H, then if I send him back my old throttle body I get my 100 dollar deposite back, so total is 320 + S/H, and I get 100 back, that sounds pretty good. Now say I get/have an after market intake. Would this still fit on it or would I have to get a new one? In addition what about throttle body spacers, 1" would I be able to put it on or would I have to get a hood modification? Installation you say is simple. I guessing you remove the stock air box, unscrew the 4 TB bolts, and unhook the wires and the latches. Pull that off, pop the new one on and reconnect everything? Sounds good, will he still have this deal over the summer? or is it going to end soon, does he have a limited ammount or something. And in terms of power increase I would get somewhere around 17 hp with an after market intake. Plus say an exhaust.

I may be a potential buyer but first I'm gonna have to do a little extra research in general about TB's and so on.

Thanks,
Mike.

Old 05-06-2004, 01:24 PM
Dodgegirl19
Lady Administrator

Exactly right... it would be about $320 with shipping until you send him your old TB back then the $100 is refunded back to you.

Since you emailed me too, I'll answer all your other questions there...

~Amanda

Quick Reply: Special Buy On Throttle Bodies From THE FASTMAN!