Notices
Vendor Group And Special Buys Vendors and Advertisers will post special group buys for our members here!! Check it out.

Gentle criticism of CARiD--shipping

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2017, 09:31 AM
Brian in Tucson
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gentle criticism of CARiD--shipping

I ordered some speed bleeders yesterday-4 of them. I would have ordered them from CARiD, they had the best price by far. But when I got to the checkout, they had tacked a shipping charge of over $10. For for speed bleeders that would fit in a padded or tyvek envelope and take a couple of bucks postage. Killed the deal right then and there.

Ended up getting the parts at Rockauto, could have gotten them from Amazon. Sorry, my record stands, I've never bought anything from CARiD.

Old 04-24-2017, 11:34 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

Yea, their shipping is high. Rock auto is kinda expensive as well. I ordered a couple of trunk struts for $15 each. Shipping would have added another $12. Ended up getting them off amazon with free shipping.

Old 04-24-2017, 12:42 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Hey, money is money. Shipping charges are never cut and dry as far as estimates go, but most websites COULD do a better job at their estimates rather than cookie cutter.

I went to buy some Seahorse cases last week and they wanted 18 for the case and 16.43 each to ship. lol

Old 05-15-2017, 09:31 AM
carid
Former Vendor
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Guys, here at CARiD, we constantly try to make you shopping experience perfect. Our shipping charges are based on the dimensions of the part and your location. We do offer free shipping on most of our products, yet there are still lots of items, we couldn't apply this option on. Please read more about our shipping policies here: https://www.carid.com/help-center/shipping.html

To help you to save some cash, we offer special discounts to all Dodgeforum members.

Feel free to shoot me a P.M. if you need a quote.