Wheels & Tires Discuss rims and tires here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

i need help

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2012, 07:46 PM
josh0317
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i need help

i just returned from afghanistan an bought a crew cab 09 ram it had after market 20' rims on it when i got it but theyre crap an now i need 4 new rims and 4 new tires and im lost in the sauce i am going down to 17 rims they are the moto metal rims with the skulls all the way around i want aggressive tires with deep tread that stand out an will rip and grip through anything i was looking at mud claws but it says the load index isnt high enough so now im stumped i want some big tires to throw on there my truck is not lifted yet please help me what sizes can i throw on there what kind do you reccomend that will look good etc

Old 09-26-2012, 11:00 PM
weedahoe
Hall Of Fame
Hall of Fame Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

If you are going to spend most of your time off road, dont get M/Ts unless you want to buy them sooner and more often. They simply are not made for asphalt. A nice A/T is good. Thats what I have.

Are you going to lift it? Ever? If so, then do that first and then tires/rims. No need to spend 3k+ on a set of rims and tires only to want more after lifting it. Been there and done that