1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

1999 dodge avenger 2.5 engine need advice

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2015, 02:57 AM
wilcoxjmm
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1999 dodge avenger 2.5 engine need advice

I have a 1999 dodge avenger... Well first off I need to know where I can get diagrams to fix my car if I need too. Also there was a hose off a wire that went to the vaccum line and it made an air sound. I found the thing that was off put it back on and now when I accelerate at any speed I hear a soft buzzing sound like a tattoo gun makes when I press on the gas... What could this be?

Old 09-25-2015, 07:42 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Welcome to the forum. What kind of diagrams? Electrical? Vacuum? A Haynes or chiltons manual will probably be the best bet. As far as the other problem, Don;t know, maybe take a picture of the area of where this wire was connected to a hose and a vacuuum line for clarity.

Old 09-26-2015, 08:09 PM
wilcoxjmm

Originally Posted by jkeaton
Welcome to the forum. What kind of diagrams? Electrical? Vacuum? A Haynes or chiltons manual will probably be the best bet. As far as the other problem, Don;t know, maybe take a picture of the area of where this wire was connected to a hose and a vacuuum line for clarity.

Sorry its taken me a little to reply... I can't get the pics to load from my phone...

Last edited by jkeaton; 09-26-2015 at 11:04 PM.
Old 09-26-2015, 11:04 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin

Originally Posted by wilcoxjmm

Sorry its taken me a little to reply... I can't get the pics to load from my phone...
Can't do it from a phone.

Old 10-01-2015, 10:13 PM
wilcoxjmm
Default 1999 dodge avenger es help

Can't do it from a phone.
I have a whole new issue maybe u can help me with cause I just got the car and I have no clue about it... There is a clicking noise by what I believe is the power steering pump is ... I realize that there are pullys n belts there as well... I hear the clicking from the time I start my car to the time I shut it off

Old 10-04-2015, 09:24 PM
bad venge
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check the relays on the firewall for the clicking noises

Old 10-04-2015, 10:47 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin

I would buy yourself a Haynes or chiltons repair manual for your car and start studying how everything works to learn. Also videos on you tube and Google are great resources. You are going to have to do some troubleshooting yourself as the car is with you. That sound could be anything. Shredded accessory belt, leaking exhaust manufold, relay (as mentioned).

Quick Reply: 1999 dodge avenger 2.5 engine need advice