1995-2000 Dodge Avenger The Dodge Avenger had smooth styling in addition to solid craftmanship. To this day you can find Dodge Avenger enthusiasts proud to show of their gems.

Throttle cable/accelerater problems 2000

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2016, 12:26 PM
Jessi2122
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Throttle cable/accelerater problems 2000

So if anyone has has this issue could you please help! Throttle body was open maybe stuck open. Rps were way up when driving and oil pressure was as well but the car would not go over 10mpr the gas pedal was stuck down. Now the throttle is closed. Accelerater cable seems tight on one side but lose on the other when tugged on. Opened up the area where it's going through near fire wall and it looks fine but I'm not sure what exactly to look for or where to look.

Old 02-27-2016, 01:58 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

I cannot understand what you are saying.

Old 02-28-2016, 10:08 AM
Jessi2122

Originally Posted by jkeaton
I cannot understand what you are saying.
Well I'm trying to explain what the Dodge avenger was doing and I know it seems like it's something to do with the throttle but I'm not 100% sure. It just seems like the throttle cable would be the issue but when I looked at it from what I can see it seems fine besides being a little lose like it has some slack. Does that make sense I'm sorry it's an odd problem

Old 04-09-2016, 06:46 PM
07ChargerDude
Banned

You can easily verify operation!

Open the hood, and manually move/twist the cable assembly attached
to the TB unit.

Have someone sit in the car and gas it while you watch.

Old 06-20-2016, 01:48 AM
furiousgeorge
Professional

Ok, I finally heard back from the fellow I got it all from. He says the cam specs are;
Dur. 218/225
Lift 525/525
110 lobe seperation.
He apparently built his engine according to some article on the Performance Injection website (about a magnum top end kit put in a Red Express). I read the article and they claimed 125 hp increase over a stockish rebuilt 360 Magnum (though it was carbed). The kit included the cam, mildly ported cast iron heads, dual plane intake and better 1.6 rockers. The heads I got from him he claimed had a "stage 1" port job done (though he figured it was pretty well just flash removal and general cleaning up). It was suggested to him to drill a hole in each butterfly on the throttle body, which he did, though he didn't run it before so he didn't know if that made it any better.

Sorry! Got this in the wrong thread!!

Last edited by furiousgeorge; 06-20-2016 at 01:30 PM. Reason: Posted in wrong thread
Old 06-24-2016, 09:01 AM
kimzilla
Amateur

...these are just suggestions..to try or suggest to trusted mechanic>>>>>>carbon/ sludge Build up ..need to get what they call a flush....its actually they spray stuff on throttle and throttle body while holding the throttle while in park at 2rpm..and you cannot use anything but premium gas in it..its a high compression engine...its more money but worth not having the headaches of having to do this and other issues...another thing..have you checked cruise control..make sure its off and the switch is not bad..if your car has one

Quick Reply: Throttle cable/accelerater problems 2000