1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

"No Start" help needed

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2012, 08:14 PM
dblackmanc
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "No Start" help needed

'95 SLT 3.9 V6 5 Spd.
Trk has been cranking and running great until a few days ago. I noticed the check Engine came on for about 6-8 miles. (Until I stopped) After that it cranked (with no CE light on) and ran fine for a few days and then the next day as I shifted into 2rd it just cut off. Has never cranked again. No power to the plugs and no power to the injectors. Changed Crank sensor...no help. Changed the Dist. pickup...no help. Checked the relays per the test in the Q&A section...no problems. Wiggled all the wire around the relays and never lost any voltage. Looking for suggestion on what to do now and how to do it??
Dan
ps...Also CE light does not come on when just turning on the key switch? Should it? Also no codes with the on-off deal...but then again the CE light is not coming on before trying to crank.

Old 02-10-2012, 08:29 PM
g. man
Veteran

CEL should come on, along with all the other lights, when you turn on your ignition. There should be codes stored, even if the CEL doesn't stay on. Maybe PCM problems????

Old 02-10-2012, 09:13 PM
drummer2356

Please help i have a 2002 dodge durango when it's cold it will start and die unless i hold it above an idel until it warmes then it has a low idel could this be the tps sensor?

Old 02-10-2012, 10:48 PM
Siwon
Professional

Originally Posted by drummer2356
Please help i have a 2002 dodge durango when it's cold it will start and die unless i hold it above an idel until it warmes then it has a low idel could this be the tps sensor?
Not a mechanic but it could be a vacuum leak. Try changing the PCV valve and take a look at the hose to see if there are any cracks. It could be the TPS sensor but I don't know if it would do that only if it's cold.

TPS Sensor: 35 bucks
PCV Valve: 3 bucks

Old 02-11-2012, 04:44 PM
dblackmanc

g. man
Your reference to the CEL got me going in the right direction. The CEL was very faint, so I figured it was loosing it ground some where. After a good bit of check I found it. A ground wire broken at the bolt it was hooked to. All is running great agian.
Thanks,
Dan

Old 02-11-2012, 07:59 PM
g. man
Veteran

Originally Posted by dblackmanc
g. man
Your reference to the CEL got me going in the right direction. The CEL was very faint, so I figured it was loosing it ground some where. After a good bit of check I found it. A ground wire broken at the bolt it was hooked to. All is running great agian.
Thanks,
Dan
Glad you got her fixed And it didn't cost ya anything! Excellent

Quick Reply: "No Start" help needed