1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

Time to say goodbye as a moderator

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2013, 12:30 AM
ragged89
All Star
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Crazy, I hope you don't mind being hit up for a technical answer/opinion in the middle of your moderator farewell post, but it occurred to me that you may be one of the few with insight on a question I have. If I remember correctly, your Dakota has a 94 4WD frame, with a 5 spd, and I'm trying to figure out what the transmission mount looks like in that year/combo. I have a new post asking about "NV3500 trans mount", if you'd be so kind as to take a look at the picture I put there, and comment.

Old 10-02-2013, 10:36 AM
Crazy4x4RT
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by ragged89
Crazy, I hope you don't mind being hit up for a technical answer/opinion in the middle of your moderator farewell post, but it occurred to me that you may be one of the few with insight on a question I have. If I remember correctly, your Dakota has a 94 4WD frame, with a 5 spd, and I'm trying to figure out what the transmission mount looks like in that year/combo. I have a new post asking about "NV3500 trans mount", if you'd be so kind as to take a look at the picture I put there, and comment.
I actually have an auto transmission. I have the NV4500 but I never installed it. My best guess is you will have to move the transmission crossmember back to accommodate the new position. There is an auto to manual swap thread in the FAQ2. That will be your best reference.

Old 10-03-2013, 10:25 PM
T.C.
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ya CRAZY, we are all going to miss you on this site. I also completely understand the reasoning on why you had to step down. Likewise I am also going back to school and find that there is no time to work on the truck. We will definitely miss seeing your amazing truck from your profile on this site.

Take care.

Old 10-06-2013, 07:46 AM
96dakotaowner
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thank you for all the help in the past!!!!

Crazy, you hooked me up with answers many times and saved me a lot of money. Thank you and good luck!!

Old 10-09-2013, 04:03 PM
DirtyHarry83
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats on the education.
Good luck with the Ford. The truck doesn't define you, you define the truck.

All of that said. Don't think I won't be looking for that Auto to Manual trans swap. I want some details from your work. I still think about doing a manual swap myself and can't decide on pulling the trigger for a 5.9 or going diesel. In either case I am going for the NV4500 and hoping for the HD version.

Again Good luck and keep posting.

Quick Reply: Time to say goodbye as a moderator