1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

94 v8 lights?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2013, 01:50 PM
mjm2198
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 94 v8 lights?

hey guys, i got the 94 v8 Slt 2wd, just recently my brake lights decided not to work no matter what i did so in place of them, during the day i would pull on my running lights as i made stops so i wouldnt get rear-ended, but then the other night i went to turn on my headlights and there was a pop noise from the headlight/running light switch and after that my dash lights, my brake lights, and my tail lights wont come on for anything, ive checked the bulbs, wiring, the fuses, the relays, and all the ground wires i could find, the only single issue i found was a wire on the headlight/running light switch had melted a bit of plastic on the switch and blackened a wire but my headlights, blinkers, and front running light still work fine. i havetried and checked everything i can think of, any other things you could suggest or recommend would be GREATLY appreciated, much thanks.

Old 10-25-2013, 11:20 PM
paulpa
Amateur

could it be a short in the switch itself?

Old 10-26-2013, 12:49 PM
mjm2198
Amateur

Now that is possible, but as for the brake lights, I have tried a new switch and nothing changed, but is it possible for a short in the headlight switch to malfunction only certain lights?

Old 11-08-2013, 08:32 PM
sillyscilla05

I have the same problem with one of my tail lights. The brake light keeps going out, I have replaced the bulb and it works at first then it goes out. I have cleaned the wires with electrical spray stuff and nothing. The blinker and tail lights work fine tho. Will replacing the tail light itself help?

Quick Reply: 94 v8 lights?