1st Gen Dakota Tech 1987 - 1996 Dodge Dakota Tech - The ultimate forum for technical help on the 1st Gen Dakota.

Help -Engine installation

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2016, 11:15 PM
Eric Carignan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help -Engine installation

So I have a 1995 Dodge Dakota with a v8 5.2 engine I had to replace the motor mounts and when I was setting the engine back into the mounds and noticed that the drivers side I cannot manage to get into the cradle correctly please help I really like to have my truck fixed as soon as possible

Old 02-14-2016, 02:26 PM
ragged89
All Star
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Eric Carignan
So I have a 1995 Dodge Dakota with a v8 5.2 engine I had to replace the motor mounts and when I was setting the engine back into the mounds and noticed that the drivers side I cannot manage to get into the cradle correctly please help I really like to have my truck fixed as soon as possible
Is this a 2WD or 4WD? you may find it helps line things up if you back the bolts out of the transmission mount, where it bolts up to the crossmember. That will allow you to grab the tail end of the tranny and move it left or right which will help you guide the drivers side mount into position. Make sure you keep a wheeled jack under the motor to support it while your doing this.

Quick Reply: Help -Engine installation