Cooling Issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2008, 05:36 PM
niftyguy239
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cooling Issues

Hey ya'll.....

A few months ago I replaced the radiator and thermostat to a 180. I changed both and re-filled the radiator. Things have been running roughly 180-190 (half in between 130 and 210). But under heavy acceleration, It's been getting up to 210. Idling its aslo been getting to 210. My E fan kicks in @ 210 and never lets it go over. But ever since I installed the exhaust and found the coolant level low I re-filled it again and added water wetter. My coolant level will now flucuate under normal driving, (increase with idling to 210 and average out about 190 when driving). I last checked and topped off the radiator 3 days ago. The only thing I haven't replaced in the coolant system is the water pump. Could this be the culprit?? I'm getting a little worried it might be a head gasket....... I'm watching my temp guage go up and down like a po-go stick.

Old 05-25-2008, 07:33 PM
n8ech
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Cooling Issues

NG:

When you did the coolant install, did you bleed the air from the system properly??? If your temps are not going over 210, I don't think you have a gasket issue.

WP is pretty reliable. Unless you see leaks, or hear squeaks/grinds they are usually ok. Once in a great while, the impeller will come loose or disintegrate. If you had that issue though, you would be overheating big time.

Could possibly be a bad sender. You might try verifying the temps with a scanner tool that can read system numbers in real time, or possibly an infra red temp unit.

Don

Quick Reply: Cooling Issues