1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Will a bent rim cause false wheel alignment

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 12:45 AM
TWray
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh yeah, Ive been going round-n-round with both the shop and the insurance co. Its as though the insurance co is hiding behind the shop to keep from paying any more and the shop is hiding behind the insurance co.saying the insurance co wont pay anymore. Which all stems from the shop not owning up to the damages being there in the first place. The insurance co is believing them. So I'm having to prove the shops incompetence. Which is pretty cut and dry except for their alignment report. The damages are consistent with the damages to the front end parts in which they already replaced(The wheel has no way of reaching the inner fender without the controls arms being bent, torn, and contorted the way they were..and it did. + There is no damage to any of there parts they installed showing a shift of the wheel into the inner fender...for this to be new damage.), Let alone the wheel they say is bent ...that I have proof of being the same one that was never replaced from the first visit, and the axle they say is broken, but is not.. Yet the insurance co. is backing them. We didnt sign anything. They even told my wife to take it home and let me check out everything. Well we did, and called the ins. co. the next day, (Saturday), to voice our problems. We had a 3 way coversation the next business day with the shop and ins. co. about the problems. Just the idea that we had the exact same accident in the exact same location within 1 day is ludacris. I just need a way to disprove there so called correct alignment after repairs. This is all they got. I am the last one that falls for conspiracy therories. But there has got to be at least one or more people lying about this from the shop. Its just so unbelievable. I'm flippin out. We have gone all the way up the management ladder at the shop and talked to our last Ins.rep Wednesday...They came out and checked it out, but didnt sound too promising. Regardless, I am giving them every chance to make this right. But I believe were going to have to go to the state insurance dept. and or a court of law. I will let ya know some names after this blows over or I get blowed, which ever occurs first. I just want to see how they're going to handle it. If this is going to be they're final say. Then the UNIVERSE is going to know who, what, when, and where. Believe me! Any ideas on how they could show the alignment right after their repairs?

Last edited by TWray; 05-09-2011 at 01:06 AM.
Old 05-09-2011, 09:23 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

We didnt sign anything. They even told my wife to take it home and let me check out everything. Well we did, and called the ins. co. the next day, (Saturday), to voice our problems.

Regardless, I am giving them every chance to make this right. But I believe were going to have to go to the state insurance dept. and or a court of law.
You don't have to prove anything other than the work wasn't completed. You can do this by getting a second opinion, on paper! Considering you didn't sign anything, you never acknowledged the work was completed.

Now I would call the insurance company and tell them that the work order wasn't signed (by you or qualified personnel) at the shop to confirm the work was ever completed, therefore the shop invoice was never complete. Tell them sorry, but it wasn't finished and that is their issue and not yours. You only want the truck fixed correctly!

Tell them you want to work out the problem and be politically correct, but if push comes to shove, you have 100% of the case because you never signified that you picked it up!

In civil cases, you only need to prove 51% of the case, it's not "beyond a reasonable doubt" because it is civil, not criminal law. YOU WILL WIN!

Quick Reply: Will a bent rim cause false wheel alignment