1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Hypertech and PCM Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 01:25 PM
NavyEng
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hypertech and PCM Question

Hello All,

I just bought a Hypertech Power programmer III Mod 50002. The problem is that i get the message " calibration Not Found". I called hypertech, and they say that my pcm has been dealer flashed after 2002, and the tuner cannot access it. Kind of like trying to hook up a windows XP device to a Windows 95 computer they said.

Does this sound right to anyone?

note: they did offer to sell me a Max Energy 52000 for $260.00

Thanks

Old 07-26-2011, 02:32 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

never heard that line before

but you can check if your PCM has been dealer flashed, they put a sticker on the pcm or the front cross member every time they do with the software version on it

although after googling the product number (Hypertech Power programmer III Mod 50002) and getting a summit product page, the Durango is not listed as being compatible with it.
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/HY...n/?prefilter=1

you probably meant to buy this one
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/HY...GO&prefilter=1

(its one model number digit different)

Last edited by shrpshtr325; 07-26-2011 at 02:41 PM.
Old 07-26-2011, 03:20 PM
NavyEng

Thanks, And my bad it was mod 50003. i will check the crossmember, since i didnt see anything attached to the pcm itself

Old 07-27-2011, 10:15 AM
Hypertech Support
Amateur
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like what you had is a used product that displayed a calibration file that was different from the calibrations in the original vehicle it belonged to.
The programmer would have left here loaded with the latest calibration files available as of the creation date of the unit.
There are many calibration files added after vehicle production to support changes, tech service issues, and recalls by the manufacturer.
If you were the original owner and warranty vehicle a return would have been processed by the tech you spoke with to update the calibration files and you would pay shipping and handling only.
A non-warranty item would require an upgrade fee (varies depending on requirement) to upgrade and transfer warranty rights to a new owner and /or vehicle.

GW

Old 07-27-2011, 12:16 PM
NavyEng

Thanks GW, The Ebay seller i bought it from has agreed to take it back, so I am now in the market for a 52000. At least I'll be able to get updates online for it. Lesson learned, if it's too good to be true, it probably is !!!!

Thanks for the great answers guys.

Quick Reply: Hypertech and PCM Question