1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Are my back door locks working properly?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 10:39 AM
Pauls 2K
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are my back door locks working properly?

Ok so I know I asked this in another post but it was mainly about disabling the auto-lock feature...
My question now is, shouldn't I be able to manually unlock the back doors whether the rest of the doors are locked or not? My front door panels are off due to a mirror swap so I can't use the power windows or locks...I too one of the back door panels off to see if there was anything that looked broke or disconnected but it all looks fine...And obviously I had the back door open to get the door panel off so I drove it to work...I opened the back door, put my laptop on the back seat, drove to work and yes the doors automatically locked since the fronts are off and I wasn't able to disable them yet...Anyway, I get to work and I cant get the back doors open...I couldn't manually unlock them...So whats the deal? And the child lock isn't enabled ....It happens to both back doors at the same time...Now if I had the front panels on I could hit the power lock switch and unlock all the doors but would still have to manually unlock the back doors...

Old 11-09-2012, 12:41 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

you SHOULD be able to unlock the rear doors by sliding the manual locking tab (up on 98-00, forward iirc on the 01-03), then they should open normally from the outside

Old 11-09-2012, 06:06 PM
Pauls 2K
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know they should but they don't... Didn't know if anyone else has had this problem...I should be able to lock or unlock manually whether all the doors are locked or not...I can't see anything thats binding up...

Old 11-09-2012, 09:27 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

something is binding up in your doors, you just have to figure out what. I know that i can unlock mine from inside (manually) and then open them w/o a problem at all 4 doors.

Quick Reply: Are my back door locks working properly?