1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

My Durango's down for the time being

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2013, 12:27 PM
Dig-N-Deep
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad you got it all worked out hope you make out in the end : )

Old 06-08-2013, 03:17 PM
that_guy
Champion
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Yeah, its really f'd up how someone else not paying attention can screw you over.

Old 06-10-2013, 12:44 PM
that_guy
Champion

Just dropped my Durango off at the shop, and it should be fixed by Thursday or Friday. Since the owner (also the head mechanic) knows my dad and since my Durango sat there for 3 weeks while USAA was screwing around and he got to collect storage from them, he agreed to do all the work minus the headlights and wheel. I'll order a new set of lights and redo my hid projectors and I'm going to try and order a set of R/T wheels.

Old 06-14-2013, 10:55 PM
that_guy
Champion

Got my Durango back today, and everything looks good. It ended up costing $1750 of the $1900 I had from the insurance company to repair everything, minus the wheel which I'm going to take care of on my own. There isn't a difference in the paint between the new and old panels or anything like that. The only thing that I noticed is wrong is that when they put the new badges on the driver's side door they put it on backwards so it says "SLT Durango" instead of "Durango SLT", so I'll have to fix that. I need to order a new fog light too since the passenger's side one is all yellowed and pitted and the driver's side one is brand new.

I put my old retrofitted lights back on for now. The more I think about it now, I think I like the OEM style lights better than the aftermarket ones. While I'm up in PA next week and have access to my grandpap's machine shop I'll probably go ahead and fit my newer projectors into the oem housings and not worry about getting another set of the aftermarket ones.

Like I said, I still have to take care of the wheel.

Last edited by that_guy; 06-14-2013 at 10:58 PM.

Quick Reply: My Durango's down for the time being