1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Fixed -- No power window controls except from Driver's side

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2014, 10:02 PM
zimmer28
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fixed -- 2002 Durango -- no power window controls except from Driver's side

I've seen a few posts about none of 3 passenger power window switches working for the windows in Durangos, but all of the windows worked from the driver's door control. I had the same problem with my 2002 Durango, and got it fixed.

Here's what I did:

I popped the driver side controls out of the door panel.
I removed the lower plug (it's way larger than the upper plug.
I inspected the female connectors in the wire harness.
All of the wire harness connectors were slightly out of shape on the same side. There is a split on that side where the metal comes together to make the female housing. There is also a slight gap in the connector housing above each of those.
I used an electronics phillips screw driver and pressed it into the gap which forced the split side of the female connector to close. By the time I had it where I wanted, each female connector now looked like a perfect rectangle.
I put the connector back on, and noticed it went on with some resistance (that's a good thing electrically speaking).
I put the whole control assembly back into the door panel (well, I did go ahead and straighten the other connector, which I assume is for the power mirror and/or door locks).
When everything was back together, I turned on the key.

All windows work perfectly from each passenger window switch.
And the window lock button on the driver's door also works perfectly.

I can't say that this will be a fix for all of the Durangos with passenger window control problems, but this did work for mine.

I hope this helps someone out there.

Have a great day.

Last edited by zimmer28; 10-20-2014 at 10:37 PM. Reason: fixed typos

Quick Reply: Fixed -- No power window controls except from Driver's side