1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Coding out!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2015, 05:02 PM
GregsDurango
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coding out!!!

2002 Durango 4.7 SLT 4x4(my work vehicle, bought it from original owner) I've put 128K miles on it in less then 2yrs. Long story short, pcm went out, ordered plug and play one from www.dodgedurangopcm.com.

While waiting for it to arrive a good friend (mechanic) and I found a junked titled (still drivable) 2001 SLT Plus 2WD to use as a parts car. What started out as switching panels, seats, trim etc. turned into me listening to him that he could take all the PLUS package and put it in mine (wiring harness, power seats, column/ignition, doors)...everything.

PCM comes in, car is back together, all add-on's from plus package electrically work but I'm CODING out everywhere.

CODES: 5, 84, 63, 65, P1792TCM, P0601

ANY HELP THOUGHTS OR SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!! PICS ARE ON MY PROFILE, COULDN'T GET THEM IN THE THREAD

UPDATE***UPDATE***UPDATE

Okay...since the above fiasco happened and since the wiring harness, column/ignition (EVERYTHING ELECTRICAL) from the 2001 SLT PLUS had been transferred over to my "D" I move the PCM AND BCM from the 2001 to my 2002. Well....check engine light disappeared and no codes, the engine turned over and holds idle evenly without issue. After everything, inside and out was back together and road worthy I took it off blocks and drove it for 1 1/2 hours today. Runs great!

Been reading forums on the following issues I have now which are: (all fuses have been checked...and all connections are good...ALL LIGHTS WORK interior/exterior)

AIRBAG light is on- ??
ABS light blinks
Rear defrost light blinks (climate control sensor Ive read??)
headliner console trip/temp readout now won't display (lights work and garage door opener work)
no AC
door locks do not engage after 20mph (possible link to AIRBAG light)
Horn doesn't work (tried both horn switches from both durangos)

Swung by local dealer earlier....left shaking my head they wanted $150.00 to just hook up their DBRIII to it!

ANYONE HAVE ANY THOUGHTS HERE??? I REALLY NEED TO GET BACK TO MY PAYING JOB SOON!!!!!!!!

Last edited by GregsDurango; 06-22-2015 at 03:59 PM.
Old 06-29-2015, 05:23 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I already sent my PM back, have a great day.

Quick Reply: Coding out!!!