1st Gen Intrepid 1993 through 1997 Intrepids

1g Trepid - Ran Fine Last Week, Wont Start This Week, log of progress

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 01:02 PM
Xearo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool 1g Trepid - Ran Fine Last Week, Wont Start This Week, log of progress

Ok So i spent the day on the car and here is what I have so far.
I didn't hear the fuel pump coming on. Popped a plug and found no spark or fuel. Same with a second plug.
After reading up, i found that the PCM will not turn on the fuel pump relay or the auto shut off relay unless it gets a signal from both the Cam position sensor and the Crank position sensor.

So its likely one or more of the following need to be replaced: The cam position sensor, crank position sensor, coil pack, PCM, or fuel pump.

I bypassed the fuel pump relay and got the pump to turn on so I assume its fine. The crank position sensor is cheap and really easy to get to so I will probably start there. Im ordering off ebay cuz they are only 15$ (i assume they are alot more in a store). (we have one scrapyard and they dont have any intrepids or similar.)

anyone know if that map sensor could have anything to do with it?

Attached Thumbnails 1g Trepid - Ran Fine Last Week, Wont Start This Week, log of progress-dsc00015.jpg  

Last edited by Xearo; 10-08-2009 at 04:45 PM.
Old 11-27-2009, 01:16 AM
ralphael101
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think we all could use more info from you. Did the car shut off on you while driving? Was it fine when you parked it? The check engine light works and was not on prior to this no start. No intermittent problems prior to this? All of this would help to answer your question. Let us know what the problem was. Good luck.

Quick Reply: 1g Trepid - Ran Fine Last Week, Wont Start This Week, log of progress