1st Gen Intrepid 1993 through 1997 Intrepids

97 Dodge Intrepid A/C and Windows issue

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2010, 05:38 PM
marshmallow_fluff86
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face 97 Dodge Intrepid A/C and Windows issue

I have a 97 Dodge Intrepid. It's been a great good car, I'm the third owner. It's been serviced regularly. All thoughout the summer, I've been having the same issue though. I turn the key, and my A/C won't work, windows won't go up or down and my AirBag light stays on my dash. Usually after the day cools down, my air and windows will all work and the AirBag light goes off. I have no idea if this is an electric issue or what. It's getting worse about how often it happens now. It'll even start to happen when it's cool out.

I've tried leaving my windows vented, parking in a shaded area and turning everything on/off prior to starting. The only electrical thing I have had done to my car was having a stereo "PROFESSIONALLY" installed (meaning, I took it to a car stereo installation place and paid too much for someone to hook up some connectors, lol). I don't think it has anything to do with the issue. It happened before and continued to happen afterwards. The guy who installed it said that he couldn't find any wiring issues behind the stereo.

I called the Dodge dealer here and they told me it'd probably be $35-70 just for them to have a "looksy" and try to figure out what is causing the problem. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions, please, please, please do not hesitate to let me know!!!!

Old 08-12-2012, 10:34 PM
jram1979

Did you eve get a reply???

Old 08-13-2012, 10:28 AM
kurts2
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by jram1979
Did you eve get a reply???
I know this is probably way to late (I'm not around much anymore) but for others searching for this topic, I'd look to the BCM. It controls all those functions and intermittent heat related issues are common fails for computers. Additionaly it is located in the cab and would be even more affected by the higher internal cab temperature.

Quick Reply: 97 Dodge Intrepid A/C and Windows issue