1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

auto shut down relay

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 01:45 AM
whitefeathertx
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default auto shut down relay

HI again! I need to know what triggers the ASD to kick in when you have a wreck? Is there a pressure sensor in the front of the car somewhere, or is there something that the ASD trys to get a siginal from & when it can't read it, it shuts down the car? I heard that it has a sensor in it like the air bags use, but I don't know. If it does, please tell me the location of the sensor. If not, let me know what does it sense to make it shut down. Thanks much.
Oh yeah. If anyone knows somebody that's interested in antique cars, let me know. The one in the photo is for sale. It's a 1967 Camaro Z-28 RS. Just write to whitewolftoo@hotmail.com. Thanks y'all.

Old 08-10-2006, 07:46 PM
tomthedog
Captain
Default RE: auto shut down relay

what is ASD, can't find it.

Old 08-11-2006, 03:27 PM
dogdaysunrise
Veteran

i didnt know neons had them. The only one I knew of was for oil pressure. If the oil pressure is too low it kills the fuel pump.

Old 08-11-2006, 05:22 PM
das2123
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: tomthedog

what is ASD, can't find it.
Automatic Shutdown Relay and it's the PDC.

whitefeathertx, there is no sensor that goes into affect when involved in an accident. I have seen neons with both airbags blown, crank up and drive off. Here is some info on the ASD relay...

The PCM will de-energize the ASD relay if it does not receive the crankshaft position sensor and camshaft position sensor inputs. When the ignition switch is in On or Start, the PCM monitors the crankshaft and camshaft position sensor signals to determine engine speed and ignition timing (coil dwell). If the PCM does not receive crankshaft and camshaft position sensor signals when the ignition switch is in the Run position, it will de-energize the ASD relay.

Quick Reply: auto shut down relay