i need instructions on removing the front bumper on a 1995 dodge neon highline.. I tried to remove it but only got the 4 bottom screws out.. Can someone please tell me how to remove it..Diagrams or detailed instructions would be very much appreciated. plzzzz..thanks
This ad is not displayed to registered and logged-in members. Register your free account today and become a member on Dodge Forums!
1. Remove grille
2. disconnect any wireing...duh lol
3. support the bumber...duh
4. remove the front bolts and side screws and partially remove the front bumber cover (bolts under the bumper and screws in the fender well)
5. disconnect the side marker lamps (the bulbs)
6. remove the two nuts on each side and detach the bumper.
that should be it... i've never had a reason to take it off so i haven't done it but thats how it should be... might have to work with the headlights (on my sisters Neon the front bumper was replaced when it was in an accident and the headlights mounting thing [where the turn signals are at] go into the stirofome behind the bumper...and then on my other one it rests right up against the lights and rubs so yup.
but, are you wanting to remove the actual metal bumper or the plastic bumper cover????
there are a few steps not in there about the plastic cover(if thats what you wanna remove)
there are the 4 bolts on the bottom of the metal bumper to remove, but there are also 2 that are on the back side of the metal bumper(easiest to get off from the top, if you look down from the top you can see them).....then yeah the 3-4 torx screws on the edge in the fender well.....then the side markers you just twist and remove.....and when you lift it off, you have to turn the two plastic brackets from the top(the ones you took the 2 screws out of earlier from the top)
then if you want to take the metal bumper off....it will be alot easier when the plastic cover is completely off
They are actually called front bumper fascia and front bumper reinforcement.
This is what my 97 FSM says:
(1) Remove nuts holding front bumper fascia bracket to bottom of fender forward of front wheels.
(2) Remove screws holding front fascia to inner wheelhouse.
(3) Remove bolts holding fascia to bumper reinforcement forward of radiator
(4) Remove bolts holding fascia to bottom of bumper reinforcement.
(5) Separate fascia from vehicle.