1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Ok, I'm an idiot, lost electrical...

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2015, 08:06 PM
AlphaX3
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ok, I'm an idiot, lost electrical...

Ok, so I'm working on my 93 today, installed a new Accel coil, start it, its working, move on to installing a new deck for my stereo. So I unscrew the screws under the dash to get to the fuse box, I pull the fuse box down and Bam! Noticed I shorted/soldered a damn wire the previous owner used as a power source for the tach, he had the wired plugged into the same socket as the gauges fuse. There was a bunch of bare wire on it that rubbed against a piece of metal under the dash as I was pulling it down.

So I now realize I'm an idiot for not disconnecting the - battery cable before pulling down the fuse box, but anyway, I have lights and the buzzer works when I insert the keys in the ignition, but nothing when I turn the key over. So I have lights but not much else, no blinkers, wipers etc.,

So does anyone have any ideas on where to start?

Old 03-10-2015, 06:02 PM
AlphaX3
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, I got it fixed, if anyone runs into a situation like this, Check the fusible links on the drivers side inner fender. That was the fix for me.

Thought I'd add the solution here since I hate goggling to find posts of a similar problem and when they fix it, no one posts the solution. so hopefully this may help someone.

Last edited by AlphaX3; 03-10-2015 at 06:07 PM.

Quick Reply: Ok, I'm an idiot, lost electrical...