1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

My project truck..

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2013, 08:12 PM
RamblerReb
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr.Clean27320
If the wing was different in the back, you could say it was a Plymouth Super Bird or a Dodge Dayton Charger. The scoop could be the ones that they have on there fenders. I will through a question out there. Who knows why the Dayton Chargers and Super Birds have the scoops on there fenders?
So the tires clear the fender wells, if I recall rightly.

Old 05-11-2013, 09:01 PM
Mr.Clean27320
Rookie

Thats right Rambler but only NASCAR was it used for that. Back then the street cars had to look like the cars they were racing with. On the street cars they were only for looks. There fenders were not out where the scoops were, they were just bolted on for looks.

Old 05-13-2013, 11:13 AM
Sniper X
Captain

i heard it was to vent the brakes.

Old 05-13-2013, 11:15 AM
Sniper X
Captain

Originally Posted by Wombat Ranger
Sniper, just crack the plugs out of the head, spray wd40 down into the cylinders and let it soak for an hour to un-freeze the rings. May as well check spark and maybe replace plugs at that point. Then see if it will start with a bit of fuel. And I wouldn't bother rebuilding that stupid smog choked 2bbl, put a dual plane intake with a moderate 4bbl on there and you will get better power and use less fuel.
Nothing here freezes since we don't even know what rust looks like. But I might try that anyway.

Old 05-13-2013, 06:47 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Frozen rings doesn't mean rust. It just means engine that has been sitting and doesn't have lube throughout it.

Old 05-14-2013, 11:12 AM
Mr.Clean27320
Rookie

On motors that have sat for a while I always pull the sparkplugs and put a little
MARVEL MYSTERY OIL down in each cylinder and let it set a few days before I try to start it. It helps free up the rings in case they are stock from setting so long and not brake them. Also it lubes the cylinder so the rings do not scar the bore up while you are trying to start it. You only use a little in each cylinder like about 3ozs. If you put to much the motor will not trun over. You will have to pull your plug out and then turn the motor over a few times to get it out and get it everywhere on your motor. Then put the plugs back in and try to start it, or have some way to suck it out. Also, check the oil and put some in it. When you start the truck let it run till it warms up and then cut it off and change the oil. It will help clean the inside of the motor.

Quick Reply: My project truck..