1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

1992 W150 5.2L MFI Code 32 & High Idle

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2014, 12:09 PM
mmprestine
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1992 W150 5.2L MFI Code 32 & High Idle

New here and a new owner of a 92 W150. I love the truck and there are a few things I am working out on it. The two major problems are a code 32 (EGR valve) and a high idle.

The one that bothers me the most is the truck has a high idle. I didn't tach it yet, need to get a tach, but I assume it to be around 1500 rpm. After a bunch of research I believe it could be the Idle Air Control or a possible vacuum leak. I check all the vacuum hoses and the only ones that were suspect were the two connections on the 4x4 actuator. Is it possible that the IAC needs to be replaced. Is there a way to test this module?

As far as the EGR code 32 I have not been able to reset it with my OBD1 scan tool. I check the EGR valve, solenoid and all associated parts and they seem to be functioning correctly. It looks like they are new parts the previous owner must have replaced.

Any help or knowledge would be great.

Matt

Old 12-20-2014, 08:43 PM
J.Nava
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mmprestine
New here and a new owner of a 92 W150. I love the truck and there are a few things I am working out on it. The two major problems are a code 32 (EGR valve) and a high idle.

The one that bothers me the most is the truck has a high idle. I didn't tach it yet, need to get a tach, but I assume it to be around 1500 rpm. After a bunch of research I believe it could be the Idle Air Control or a possible vacuum leak. I check all the vacuum hoses and the only ones that were suspect were the two connections on the 4x4 actuator. Is it possible that the IAC needs to be replaced. Is there a way to test this module?

As far as the EGR code 32 I have not been able to reset it with my OBD1 scan tool. I check the EGR valve, solenoid and all associated parts and they seem to be functioning correctly. It looks like they are new parts the previous owner must have replaced.

Any help or knowledge would be great.

Matt
Hugh has a kit for the leak such would be on the bottom of the intake manifold. It's common I guess.

Quick Reply: 1992 W150 5.2L MFI Code 32 & High Idle