1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

How to get Cruise Control back?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2014, 06:09 PM
MNfarmboy
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default How to get Cruise Control back?

Last summer I swapped out my auto for a 4speed manual. I continued running the auto computer, but the cruise control didn't work. Last month the auto ecm quit working so I replaced it with a manual ecm. I permanently grounded the nss wire when I swapped to the manual. I thought that might be making the computer unhappy, so I recently installed a toggle switch in the neutral safety wire so I could break the circuit. That didn't work. I just now looked at my wiring diagrams and it appears that the manuals came from the factory with the nss wire grounded and a clutch safety switch. I'm thinking that the new manual computer is looking for a clutch switch, not finding it, and thus not letting cruise work. I'm wondering if I am on the right track here, if so how do I trick the computer into thinking the truck has a clutch safety. Or is there any other way to get cruise back?

Quick Reply: How to get Cruise Control back?