1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Hi, new here. Need help!

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2014, 07:20 PM
CRAWDADDY01
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi, new here. Need help!

First I'd like to say Hello. Looks like there are a lot of people with a lot of good info here.
I'd having a problem with my 93 ram 150 w/318cid . The problem started when it was cold outside. It would idle fine drive well but die as soon as I shifted into reverse. When the weather warmed up the dieing in reverse stopped.then it just ran badly all the time. Took it to the mechanic who replaced the timing chain and gear,ecm, cap&rotor and spent enormous amounts of time on it and failed to find the problem. He finally told me the valves were bad and there was no compression in no.5 and no.7 cyls and this was unrelated to the original problem. I thought the valves may be stuck so I took the covers off wd-40'd them tapped a little we were back to idling fine but dies in reverse and feels like it's starving for fuel at times under a load at times. This truck has the original 69,763 miles on it.
Anyone have any ideas ?

Old 05-18-2014, 02:07 PM
beakerztoyz
Professional

Have you checked it for vacuum leaks? or with a vacuum gauge?

Old 05-18-2014, 04:30 PM
moe7404
Record Breaker

use some WD-40 or starting fluid and spray the places that might have a leak while the engine is running. you will know where the teak is. OR get a small hose and put one end in your ear and hold the other near the leak you WILL hear it.

Quick Reply: Hi, new here. Need help!