1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Rough country lifts any good ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2014, 12:31 AM
cumminsman123
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rough country lifts any good ?

Does any one have one and any pics

Old 07-22-2014, 10:35 PM
MNfarmboy
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't have a lot of insight, but will give what little I have. I have a 6" skyjacker on my truck, but we have a 3" RC lift on my mom's Jeep TJ. The previous owner installed it, and its a decent lift. However, a lift for a Jeep and a first gen are very different, so you can't really compare the ride quality between the two. The lift has held up to a few MN and WI winters now, still paint on the shocks, and thats saying something given all the crap they put on the roads here. From what I've heard, RC isnt the best, but they aren't the worst, a middle of the road if you will.

Old 07-23-2014, 03:05 PM
sls001
Captain

As their name implies - Rough Country springs have the roughest ride of all and poor load handling if you need to carry anything.

Old 07-30-2014, 10:21 PM
tot64
Professional

If its anything like my 98 dodge, they didnt give me leaf springs with the lift, they gave me blocks to stack on top of my factory blocks, and one person on here said that they would absolutely never stack blocks. Ride handling went from decent to terrible. Its hard to keep the truck straight on the road, the back end sways all over the place. And I had a transmission and transfer case out of my 98 in the bed and it was squatting in the back. IMO, i would never recommend rough country.

Old 08-06-2014, 02:13 PM
Comrade General
Captain

I know this is a little old but I have a 4in rough country lift on my w150. I like it alright. The rear lift was a block on top of the stacked block so I would recommend getting one solid block or do lift springs. I used a stock block from a w250 to replace the stacked blocks.

Quick Reply: Rough country lifts any good ?