1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

New old truck

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2014, 10:33 PM
tot64
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New old truck

So I just bought my dream truck...kinda. It is a 1990 w150 4wd 4 speed w/granny low. I picked the gem up for 600 bucks, so the body is kinda rough and it needs a couple of parts. The brakes are all the way to the floor before they start to work, so i think it needs wheel cylinders. The 4wd dont work, but i dont need that at the moment. It needs a U-joint. The steering is all over the place, so I wanted to ask if the upgraded Borgeson steering shaft will eliminate that. And it needs a clutch, and I wanted to ask where the best place to get a clutch would be at, and what kind?
It also needs a front passenger fender, both tail lights, a bumper, mirror, grille, window crank, and who knows what else? But Ill get them things fixed when I can.

Old 08-01-2014, 08:54 PM
MNfarmboy
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Whether the Borgesen shaft will help depends on where the play in the steering is. The play could be in the steering joint before the steering box, it could be in the steering box, or it could be the joints on the drag link or tie rods. If the play is in the joint before the steering box, the Borgesen shaft will work wonders. When i put one in my truck, it really tightened everything up. However, if the play is further down the line, it wont do much. Before dropping a couple hundred bucks, figure out where the problem lies.

Quick Reply: New old truck