1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Wiper motor part...

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2015, 11:41 AM
Jason Barker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiper motor part...

Hey guys. I just ran across this forum while looking for a place to get info on my 1985 D150. I'm excited to find a place that has info on these classic trucks.
I'm in the midst of a snow storm. To make a long story short... My wipers were turned on to attempt to clear off 8 inches of snow. They worked for a few swipes then died. After checking the fuse and being able to hear the relay. I popped the hood to find a box that plugs into the wiper motor melted. It looks to have capacitors in it that are fried.
Is there anyone that could tell me what this box is and maybe if I will be able to replace it?
Thank you

Old 02-22-2015, 04:30 PM
Jason Barker

Here are pics if it helps. I'd just like to know what it's called so I know what to ask for or look for one online. Thanks

Old 02-24-2015, 02:00 PM
newtjr
Amateur
Default Wiper part

Jason, I think the part you have is relay (yours probably has intermittent wipers). Part is no longer available from Dodge. newtjr

Old 02-24-2015, 10:29 PM
Jason Barker

Yeah mine does have the intermittent wipers. I was assuming that's what it was for but I wasn't sure if I can find one. Looks like I'll go check the junk yards. Thank you!

Old 03-06-2015, 03:52 PM
caretaker79

did you check rock auto.com for parts? I have a similar problem on a 98 1500. replaced the fuse block mounted relay, have new motor, now just waiting for the darn weather to clear.

Old 03-07-2015, 08:11 AM
Jason Barker

I'm sorry I forgot to update. The parts store couldn't figure it out either. I put a new wiper motor in and everything works great. Delay and all! Even without that part. So I'm stumped. I'm hanging on to the part and I'm going to check a local junk yard that deals with dodges once the weather clears. I'm going to see if they know what the part is for.

Quick Reply: Wiper motor part...