1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Body panels swap

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2015, 07:00 PM
hemitorino
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Body panels swap

Hello! I'm new here and it's my first post. I have a 93 d250 cummins and a 74 d100. The d250's not much to look at but it runs and drives great. The 75 don't run but the body is in great shape. So here is my plan, I want to swap grill, fenders, hood, doors, and bed off of the 74 onto the newer truck. Has anyone else done that? How involved is it to do that? I love the older body style better and I think it would be cool! Thanks

Old 07-19-2015, 09:25 PM
xjarhead69
Record Breaker

I'm not sure that can be easily done.
The radiator support changed for the different grill, headlight location.
You may have to change everything from front to back including cab, body lines.
Wiring harness's are going to be different, and where they pass thru the cab to the inside will be different.

Dave

Last edited by xjarhead69; 07-19-2015 at 09:32 PM.
Old 03-14-2021, 11:31 PM
Barce Glenn

Originally Posted by hemitorino
Hello! I'm new here and it's my first post. I have a 93 d250 cummins and a 74 d100. The d250's not much to look at but it runs and drives great. The 75 don't run but the body is in great shape. So here is my plan, I want to swap grill, fenders, hood, doors, and bed off of the 74 onto the newer truck. Has anyone else done that? How involved is it to do that? I love the older body style better and I think it would be cool! Thanks

don't swap it. Get that 74 going! I just got a 79 going that sat across the street at the neighbors for the last 20 years. Bought it for 200$. Slant 6 .... Either way good luck with everything

Quick Reply: Body panels swap