2008 - Current Dodge Avenger The new Dodge Avenger gives a sporty look to the often drab mid-sized sedan class, with the possible future option of AWD and a performance engine upgrade.

Seat belt light

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2013, 06:10 PM
Mommybeara
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seat belt light

I have a 2012 avenger and the seat belt light flickers as you pull it to put it on, then if you have it pulled out to about the steering wheel the light goes off. But the seat belt is not clicked on... I have had the seat belt assembly replaced already!!! And it is still doing the same thing.... This can't be normal, what else could it be??

Old 10-21-2013, 02:15 PM
Phatymattymcgee
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 2011 just started doing this. Do you also get the system warning chime when you first start the engine?

Old 10-22-2013, 12:18 AM
steak59
Record Breaker
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Mommybeara
I have a 2012 avenger and the seat belt light flickers as you pull it to put it on, then if you have it pulled out to about the steering wheel the light goes off. But the seat belt is not clicked on... I have had the seat belt assembly replaced already!!! And it is still doing the same thing.... This can't be normal, what else could it be??

I think this is normal. Some of the Chrysler products have it's seat belt sensor located inside the seat belt assy, where it detects how far you pulled on the seat belt instead of a sensor in the clicker.

I believe this design is suppose to be a response for seat belt extender.

Old 10-22-2013, 12:21 AM
steak59
Record Breaker
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Phatymattymcgee
My 2011 just started doing this. Do you also get the system warning chime when you first start the engine?

then you are probably talking about the airbag light.

Common failure on this problem is a Airbag Module. If you are under warranty, take it in. If you are out of warranty... rumor has it Chrysler will come out with a recall on it in the near future, you can wait for it, or pay for it now, keep receipt, wait for the recall to be published, and get a reimbursement.

Quick Reply: Seat belt light