2008 - Current Dodge Avenger The new Dodge Avenger gives a sporty look to the often drab mid-sized sedan class, with the possible future option of AWD and a performance engine upgrade.

Unidentifiable Liquid

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2015, 04:52 PM
SavedByBlood
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Unidentifiable Liquid

I got a 2008 4 cylinder dodge avenger that had previously been in an accident. Today i was looking for a way to fix the display screen that is under the temperature gauge and the fuel gauge. The screen is blank and unresponsive but now to the real problem. As i was looking under the hood i saw this little puddle on some part of the front end, it was a small pool of bright green liquid. It felt like oil and had very little smell but reminded me of paint. So if someone could help me identify the liquid that would be great.. and if anyone has any suggestions on how to function the little display screen by the fuel gauge that would be great too. Thanks

Old 06-09-2015, 07:42 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 335 Likes on 299 Posts

Green fluid is usually coolant.

Changed the title to somethign that is a little more descriptive of your problem. Threads with titles like "Holy Cow" don't help other members who may have similar issues.

Last edited by jkeaton; 06-09-2015 at 08:51 AM.
Old 06-09-2015, 08:28 AM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Probably coolant, but it SHOULD be pink/orange. Someone probably put universal coolant in it. It can have a neon appearance in the sunlight when it's puddled.

The most common coolant leak on those 4 cylinders is the plastic coolant manifold at the drivers' end of the engine.

Quick Reply: Unidentifiable Liquid