2nd Gen Durango 2004 - 2009

VES System Guide & Transmit to Radio

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 09:59 PM
ScottVan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello KDalton --

I also recently acquired a 2005 Durango that came with VES, no manual, and no headphones. I've since found a manual (the links in this thread no longer work): I can email you the PDF file if you like -- just send me an email (click on "ScottVan" above this message to see that option) and I'll send you the PDF.

Note that in 2005 some Durangos had the IR wireless headphones and some had the RF wireless headphones. The manual I have is for the VES with the RF headphones, but I'd assume the system with the IR headphones is quite similar.

I also got replacement headphones from my Dodge dealer. Dodge part no. for RF headphones is 4685936AE (part no. for IR headphones is 5064037AA).

If your stock radio/CD player is the same as mine (6 CD changer, AM/FM), then there is a "MODE" button just to the right of the power/volume ****. While a DVD is playing, press this until "DVD" shows up as the audio source.

Note that if you also need an owner's manual for the vehicle, which might help with the sound system in general, I found one free online as a PDF (but I also bought a printed one on Ebay): go to http://www.dodge.com/en/owners/manuals/index.html.

Happy Driving!

Old 03-03-2009, 11:40 PM
NateKurtz22
Default 05 durango no ves manual

Just bought an 05 durango slt with a VES dvd system and a RF wireless headphones. I have no manual as well and I am unable to get the audio to play through the stereo speakers. I hit the mode button on the stereo dash and it only alternates between CD and FM/AM. Tried troubleshooting this for hours and no luck. If anyone has a manual they can send me or could help me out, I would greatly appreciate it.

Old 03-30-2009, 11:55 PM
ToddYaro

I just bought an 05, also, and did not get the manual. I was playing around and noticed you can set the FM frequency it broadcasts on. I set it to 88.5 and turned the radio to that station. The DVD audio was playing through the sound system.

I have a red vertical stripe running down the middle of the screen. Anyone know what would cause that?

Old 12-26-2010, 11:32 PM
NoFearEyes
Rookie

I've got a VES Manual--it's to large to post--sned email address and I'll be glad to forward a copy directly to you

Old 04-03-2011, 12:51 AM
bella721
Default 2005 Dodge Durango - Radio Problems

Hello

A few days ago my radio speakers stopped working, however the radio appears to work, as it is showing the channels and song wording is scrolling across the front. This radio is the standard one that come with the truck. Does anyone have a solution? Or have the same problem

Thanks any help would be Great!

Old 08-12-2011, 01:58 PM
PITOCO

Hi i have a 04 dodge durango with ves but i bought it without the radio ,because it got stolen,i have been searching for the radio and i have check 2 radios but the harnes connector its not the same,recently i bought one from a 07 jeep commander that have oem dvd but the harnes its not the same ,have some one do that swap,or know the color to be conected?

Old 06-11-2012, 11:28 PM
gigglebox220

I found this, looks like the same one in my 2'0'05 Durango. Hopefully it works for you

Old 06-11-2012, 11:29 PM
gigglebox220
Old 06-11-2012, 11:32 PM
gigglebox220
Default Possible Manuals

Originally Posted by mcpac4
Anyone have a manual? I can get sound through the radio but now through wireless earphones. Am I missing a step.

Jami

http://www.imarksweb.net/book/dodge+...system+manual/

Old 07-05-2012, 05:41 PM
jhinkle
Default MODE on Radio

I have a VES DVD player for my newly purchased 2005 Dodge Durango and I can not get the sound to play through the speakers. I have looked at all manuals and notice that you simply have to hit MODE on the radio dial until it says VES or DVD. When I hit mode on the radio it only goes to SAT and says CH. It will not give me any other options. Everything else on the radio works. Anyone have any thoughts?

Quick Reply: VES System Guide & Transmit to Radio