2nd Gen Durango 2004 - 2009

Windshield Wiper Issues

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 11:17 AM
abrasv
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Windshield Wiper Issues

Have an '06 Durango that is grewat except I can be driving down the road and the wipers come on by themselves and make a couple of passes and then shut off. Happens about every time when driving it. Kinda stupid looking on sunny days
Anyone else have this issue or know what may cause it? Out of warranty, naturally.

Old 04-02-2009, 09:00 AM
htbyron
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also have this problem, although it is intermittent and unpredictable. In my case, the wipers often run three times, as if the washer had been activated (although no washer fluid comes out). At other times, though, they just swipe once (IIRC).

It has happened after snow or rain, so I wonder whether it's a short of some kind. On the other hand, there are also other intermittent electrical issues, such as the radio volume spontaneously going down, the radio remote volume buttons not working correctly (up is down & down does nothing). I have read elsewhere on the forum that a re-flash/update of the computer software might help -- haven't tried that yet.

Anyone have ideas about how to diagnose and/or fix this?

Old 04-12-2009, 08:26 PM
IndyDurango
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

There is a dash recall dealing with electrical issues. Make sure that has been taken care of with your D. Could be related.

One a Gen1, your symptom is classic failing-CTM related. Other things like chimes, lights on/off/blinking, weird stuff. You may want to have that looked at too when they are checking out the dash recall.

IndyDurango

Quick Reply: Windshield Wiper Issues