2nd Gen Durango 2004 - 2009

2007 Durango Low beams don't work...battery died...

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2013, 08:09 PM
slickdaddy96
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Durango Low beams don't work...battery died...

I have had some weird electrical problems with my Durango the last week or so. First I noticed my low beams did not work, but my fog lights and high beams do.

Then today my wife was inside the car doing some work while my son was practicing soccer. She had the interior lights on. She saw the lights dim and then she thought oh crap my battery is dead. So she tried to crank the car and it would not crank. I have not taken the battery to get checked yet, but it is only 2 years in on a 3 year free replacement warranty so I doubt the battery is bad.

When she was driving home just now after being jumped off, the fog lights now no longer work either and she had to drive home with the high beams the whole way.

I was looking in the manual when I found out the low beams didn't work and never found an actual fuse or relay for the 2007 Durango that specifically was for the headlights, and I can't recall if there is one for the fog lights or not, but even if there is there is too much going on for it to be a simple fuse or light bulb issue IMHO.

Any clues on what it might be?

Edit: When my wife got home I played around with the buttons inside the car to try to get the fog lights back on. It didn't work for me in the Auto position by pushing, but then my wife turned it to the manual lights and pushed the button in and the fog lights went on. Then we put the dial back to Auto and pushed on and off the fog lights just fine and they worked. So I am even more struggling to figure out what is going on now.

Edit 2: I had the battery checked and it is fine and holds a charge. I have a code P0562 on my handheld reader. I am thinking that is strictly due to the battery being drained and having to be jumped. I'm not sure it adds any value to my low beam problem. The whole battery thing might have just been a coincidence, even though I thought our cars had an auto-cutoff sensor for lights/radio to keep the battery from draining to the point where the car could not be cranked?

So now it is strictly the low beams that are the problem as far as I can tell.

Last edited by slickdaddy96; 11-07-2013 at 01:00 PM.

Quick Reply: 2007 Durango Low beams don't work...battery died...