2nd Gen Durango 2004 - 2009

My own build thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2015, 12:40 AM
azcromntic
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hear you on the baseline...

One mistake I made, and I knew better, and you probably did it right, is that I did not take enough time during the purchase to get a mechanic's report and all that; I trusted my sister's experience with her Durango. She had like 240,000 miles on it when she got her second one. Other than maintenance items I think she did one water pump and a fan clutch.

So, instead of being money wise (cause I had to fix all the crap the previous owner neglected) I didn't have it inspected and I trusted the dealership and, well, here I am.

As a result I'm kicking myself all the way to the Jeep dealership to test drive a 2016 JKU. And I've been pondering where I can park the D so it could be used as the "backup" vehicle. lol, oh boy. I mean, I can't get rid of the D because I have a large investment there. And I don't want to keep working on it even if it is my fault I spent a lot on baseline (due to not checking the condition) and CHOOSING to put some extra fix-it-up love on it. I like driving it however now, with my realizations, the large amount of negative reviews of the Durange, I'm afraid it'll break and I'll need to put more money into it.

Do I deserve a Jeep? Should I force myself to live with what I've started with the D or cut my losses? I do have enough money to pay off the D and that'd be nice; at least it would eliminate the "...and I'm still paying for it..." thought.

Help!

Old 12-04-2015, 10:19 AM
howie2092
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like you have the Durango almost sorted out. Every car has problems. My Volvo was a heartbreaker until I got the repairs done, and now it's smooth sailing (driving). Just drive it and enjoy it - that's the only way to make your investment worthwhile.

Quick Reply: My own build thread