Part No. or name: rubber elbow over air intake canister

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2016, 08:39 AM
Erwinf
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Part No. or name: rubber elbow over air intake canister

Hi,

My D has the 4.7L engine. The rubber elbow that connects at the top of the Air Filter box (air intake) is broken. What is the part number or part name so I can order it or look for it locally? I believe it is related to the PVC but not sure.

Thanks!

Erwin

Old 02-01-2016, 10:38 AM
1969CoronetR/T
vaffanculo
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Rock Auto should have the part if you can find the stamp on the hose.

Old 02-22-2016, 08:32 AM
Erwinf
Professional

The hose has no stamp on it. I can't find this rubber elbow over the Internet. All diagrams shows the air intake box but this elbow and the plastic tube are ignored.

Still looking. Any help would be appreciate.

Thanks!

Old 02-22-2016, 09:04 AM
SteinerSellers
Amateur

Should be crankcase ventilation. You probably have to get the entire hose which I think is part #1 here: http://www.factorychryslerparts.com/...modelYear=2005

The pic makes it look like the hose actually has the bend in it instead of it being a rubber elbow so you'd have to get your hands on one to make sure it's right or at least fits correctly. It's possible it's been revised to get rid of the rubber elbow. This seems to show three revisions. You can google the part numbers to see images.
http://www.factorychryslerparts.com/...3032617AD.html

You can also just use a short piece of crankcase ventilation hose with a unicoil hose spring to make your own elbow, the unicoil keeps the hose from pinching/collapsing when you bend it. I've had to do that on something before. The parts store has both on the shelf over with the universal stuff, Thermoid for the hose and Gates is at least one maker of the unicoil. Just take your piece of busted hose with you to make sure you get the closest matching inside diameter since they make a few.

Last edited by SteinerSellers; 02-22-2016 at 09:12 AM.
Old 02-22-2016, 10:46 AM
Erwinf
Professional

Thanks! Great info!

I found something: apparently is called breather hose and it goes from the back of each engine head to the front at the driver side. Then cross over the engine and ends at the top of the intake air box cover. It connects with a rubber elbow that will break on time. I can separate the part from the plastic tube.

Regards,

Erwin

Attached Thumbnails Part No. or name: rubber elbow over air intake canister-rubber_elbow.jpg  
Old 02-23-2016, 03:36 PM
Erwinf
Professional

Almost there...

Found an image describing the part as "Crankcase breather tube with 90deg rubber hose".

Still not found in any OEM parts store over the Internet. :-/

Old 11-29-2022, 06:22 PM
Cyrus Black

I'm a few years late but maybe it will help future Durango owners. Went to my local Dodge dealer and since I couldn't properly explain it, he came outside to have a look at it. Turns out that it is called the Crankcase Vent Hose which unfortunately is out of production. Do not lose hope - the part number is 53032850AD. The good news is that there are a handful of Dodge dealers that still have this part in their inventory. That said, the Dodge dealer I called transferred me to parts and the guy said he was out of that part but that if I went to NAPA with the broken hose they can usually match it with a Doorman hose. Off I went and unfortunately, they said they can usually match it but that store did not have the inventory. My point is - go to your NAPA dealer first and see if they can match it and if they can't ask them to recommend where you can get a hose. We have a custom hose shop near my town so I will check with them. If they can't fill it I will but from one of the dealers who has this hose here in the USA.

Quick Reply: Part No. or name: rubber elbow over air intake canister