2nd Gen Durango 2004 - 2009

keyless entry does not work. how do you disconnect?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2006, 08:12 PM
crash444
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default keyless entry does not work. how do you disconnect?

hi all, my dad has a 2004 dodge durango and he has been haveing a problem with his keyless entry and the dealer can not help him out. he has 45000 miles on it and ever sense 18000 miles he has had the same issue. the issue is the keyless entry does not unlock the durango. he goes to the dealer every 5000 miles to get the oil changed and he brings up the key not working up every time. they put in a new battery and it works for about 2 or 3 days, well he is sick and tired of doing that and now when you change the battery nothing happens. both keys he has do not work. the dealer has tried reprogramming it and nothing works. when you use the key itself to unlock the door the alarm goes off till you put the key in the ignition to start the truck. is there anyway to disconnect or bypass the alarm so you can just unlock the door with the key so the annoying alarm will not go off? we live in a small town and usually the truck is unlocked but what a pain in the but when you do lock it and you are carring something and the alarm goes off. my dad loves the durango except for this feature, he has priced the new key and he can not justify paying 140.00 dollors for a keyless entry when he doesn't mind unlocking the door with the key like he did in the old days. any help would be great. thanks in advance.

i just found this site and i am glad that i did. lots of info here

Old 06-19-2006, 08:57 PM
crash444
Default RE: keyless entry does not work. how do you disconnect?

no one has ever had this problem? does anyone know how to fix it without buying a new key and haveing it happening it again? does anybody know how to use the key in the door without the alarm going off. my dad is at the point of trading his durango in for a car and he is looking at the chevy impala ss. any help would be great.

Old 07-27-2006, 03:50 AM
docsayler

I also have a 2004. When I took my batteries out I noticed that one of the three prongs that hold the spring clip (Thats the part that holds the battery) was loose and one of hte prongs actually came out of the soldered portion. This happened on both of my keys. I purchased new keys off of ebay for $20.00. Hope that helps.

Old 10-03-2006, 06:10 PM
jeepun77

I just went through the same thing with my 05 Hemi. The dealer replaced the Keyless module and that didn't solve the problem. They replaced both keys and that solved it. Both keys were bad. It is a pretty common problem with the keyfobs.

Old 10-03-2006, 06:27 PM
burnt04

The battery contact has come loose from the little circuit board in the keyfob, apparently a very common problem. Mine actually would get hot and burn in two at the circuit board. I don't know how a service department could replace batteries and not see this problem. Maybe a punch in the head would help their vision? Go to another dealership. I had to actually take one apart in front of the idiot service manager at my dealership to show him the problem. I've been through 4 keyfobs in 2 years. I'm sure I would have continued to replace the keyfobs forever had the truck not caught on fire and burned up...

Quick Reply: keyless entry does not work. how do you disconnect?