2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Climate control

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2014, 01:40 PM
Beahn322
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Climate control

I am having a problem with my 2003 NEON SXT heat.
I have gone through the steps to what most common problems are from changing thermostat, and heater core with NO LUCK. so I started playing with ***** and realized my Vents dont change either. Its locked with ALL vents open and blowing.

I took apart most of my dash and found what must be the issue. There are Broken "gears" so to speak in the back. The wire that controled the gear in question does not connect to anything (so guessing heat stuck on cool) and the gears that change the vent theres a "lever" thats moves up and down thats broken.

I decided to stop by my local Dodge Dealership and Service location, to be told they will charge $100/Hour! I refuse to pay that, I have done most of the diagnostic and labor taking it apart, but feel they will take thier time to replace it and charge me outrageous prices for something that should be almost pretty simple

I have tried googling a bunch of things from "Neon Climate Control wiring", "Inner Dash Heat Gears" I cant seem to find anything pointing me in the direction I need.

I live in Upstate NY and winter is approaching quickly, I travel 30-40 mins to work, I cant even defrost my window to see.... Someone please HELP

Old 09-23-2014, 05:51 PM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

What is it you are wanting exactly? I have links to the service manuals in my signature if you are wanting to know how to do the work yourself.

Quick Reply: Climate control