2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Where the heck this sound is coming from?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2015, 02:43 PM
Albius
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where the heck this sound is coming from?

Hi there everyone!

The MX newbie here again.

Background:
-------
I found this noise as nothing perceptible most of the time when I bought the car like a year ago. As I have mentioned before, when I bought the car had 63,500 kms approximately. Now I have almost 88,000 kms.
-------
For a while from now I can hear the noise I show in the videos below (pointing the most audible area with my phone):

Cold engine:

@ Night & Warm engine after an hour or so of rolling:

Since I have the car I've done the following:

1. Rad flush and replace coolant with the pink OEM one (as the car had 100% water when I bought it) water pump, tensioner pulley bearing and timing belt in the same repair. Absolutely no weird noises coming from the right side of the engine.

2. New selector and crossover cable Booger Bushings for the transmission end installed almost a year ago; I have the OEM ones in the shifter and I will replace them with BB's. The shifter does not have an important worn symptom yet.

3. Tranny oil changed @~74,000 kms with the NVT 3500 one (04874464) at the dealership

4. The required maintenance (Engine oil and filter, suspension, alignment etc.)

5. Same clutch since I got the car. I have never changed it.

Before I start to speculate and spend a lot of money and parts and stuff Anyone can tell which part is making this noise?
NOTE: The sound I pretend to get rid off does not come off with the clutch engaged or disengaged.

I don't want to think that the noise comes from the internals because the car shifts fine and I absolutely don't have "shift pops" from any gear @ any speed, so the synchronizers are fine, I guess.

TOB? Clutch? TOB fork? Pivot? Flex plate? Flywheel?
Thanks in advance for your help, guys!!!

Last edited by Albius; 03-11-2015 at 02:46 PM.
Old 03-19-2015, 05:49 PM
Albius
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you guys need more details about my post?

Thanks

Quick Reply: Where the heck this sound is coming from?