2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Accelerating Problems on 2000 LX

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2015, 01:38 PM
white2kneon
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Accelerating Problems on 2000 LX

Hello all. I have a 2000 Neon with an accelerating problem. My issue is taking off from a stop I can barely give gas or it bogs down. I am litterly feathering the gas from a stop. If I keep the RPMs up the car will run well enough. When I come to a stop I need to take the car out of gear or the RPMs drop.

If I running too many things in the car like defrost or heater it gets worse.

Coil pack, plugs, wires have all been replaced. Any suggestions?

Old 03-14-2015, 01:12 AM
Albius
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by white2kneon
Hello all. I have a 2000 Neon with an accelerating problem. My issue is taking off from a stop I can barely give gas or it bogs down. I am litterly feathering the gas from a stop. If I keep the RPMs up the car will run well enough. When I come to a stop I need to take the car out of gear or the RPMs drop.

If I running too many things in the car like defrost or heater it gets worse.

Coil pack, plugs, wires have all been replaced. Any suggestions?
Probably the next check will be the fuel pressure regulator and/or the fuel pump lines are gathering a correct pressure to the injectors. Even when the fuel pump overheats the car won't move so far and die for a few seconds; then starts again.

I would check the IAC, crank and cam sensors too just to discard something wrong with them.

Are you using the OEM copper spark plugs (Champion RC9YC)? Iridium ones are not recommended with our Neons.

Hope this helps.

Quick Reply: Accelerating Problems on 2000 LX