2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

04 neon wire id

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2015, 06:26 PM
jwar1127
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 04 neon wire id

Im looking for the reason that 2 rows of fuses have no power. The black wire with the orange tracer is not supplying power to the fuse box when the ignition is on. The last row and 2nd row are both dead.

Old 05-31-2015, 02:55 AM
darthroush
Section Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Are you sure that's the color? I don't see a BK/OR wire in the fuse box on the wiring diagram. The only BK/OR wires I can find (right now anyways) on the car period that aren't grounds are on the ignition switch (pin 8, ignition switch output [run]) and on the instrument cluster (pin 5, VTSS indicator driver). Mostly though, a BK/OR wire is a ground wire on the Neons, so it would make sense that it wouldn't have power.

Going through the diagrams a bit more, it looks like that BK/OR ignition switch wire runs from the switch to "circuit breaker #1" in the in-car fuse box and fuses 6, 7 and 8 in the PDC (under the hood fuse box). CB #1 goes into TN wires that run to the power window switches. Fuse 6 goes to four switches and a sensor. Fuse 7 goes to the blower motor. Fuse 8 goes to the airbag control module.

It looks like the in-car fuse box gets it's power from a RD/WT wire from the PDC (fuse 3), which goes to fuses 13-16, which would be the second row in that fuse box...

Other than that, you can take a peek at the diagrams. Link is in my signature (FSMs). Been looking at diagrams for half and hour now. My eyes are tired of all the little lines, lol.

Quick Reply: 04 neon wire id