2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

pillar pod question

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2014, 10:44 AM
trail3n
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pillar pod question

I just got an oil temp,oil pressure and tranny temp gauge for my truck and was wondering if those that had pillar pods if they got the universal pod or one specifically for the make and model of vehicle. Just wondering if the universal pod will look good or spend the extra ten bucks and get the one that is made for my truck. thanks ahead of time

Old 01-21-2014, 11:10 AM
Jimythefan
All Star
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

If you're happy with your truck and plan to keep it. Spend the ten bucks. It'll look and fit better than any universal pillar. I have the Glowshift and I've been very happy with the fit and appearance.

Old 01-21-2014, 02:02 PM
trail3n
Rookie

Originally Posted by Jimythefan
If you're happy with your truck and plan to keep it. Spend the ten bucks. It'll look and fit better than any universal pillar. I have the Glowshift and I've been very happy with the fit and appearance.
The glowshift pods were what i was looking at since my gauges are glowshift. Went ahead and pulled the trigger on the pod as well as an extra tranny temp sensor, going to look at putting sensor in both hot and return lines connected to a switch. Let me ask you is the pod a replacement pillar or attach to existing pillar?

Old 01-21-2014, 02:29 PM
Jimythefan
All Star
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

It doesn't have any mounting points on it and says right in the instructions to fit it over the existing pillar. You'll need to cut an oblong hole/slot in the factory one for the wiring to run through. Be sure to leave enough slack in the wiring to remove the pillar in case you need to work on the dash or interior. I bought a cheap used one on ebay to cut up rather then cut the original.

Old 01-21-2014, 07:50 PM
trail3n
Rookie

Thanks I'll look on eBay and do the same.

Old 01-21-2014, 08:04 PM
Thornloe Pride
Captain

$60 from Summit Racing. Designed for my truck.

Last edited by Thornloe Pride; 01-28-2014 at 06:46 PM.

Quick Reply: pillar pod question